Dead to Rights
Would you like to login?
Dead to Rights
Would you like to login?
Dead to Rights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dead to Rights

The world is gone. It took 4 1/2 years to be able to surface again; it's been nearly ten years since then. The Earth is still here... but it's not the same.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  2 Hands  

A Day in Town (open)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Quindaro

Quindaro

A Day in Town (open) Empty
PostSubject: A Day in Town (open)   A Day in Town (open) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 12:32 am

"Good Morning sun..." Quindaro yawned as he'd just woken up and walked outside his boots loosely on, wearing a white T-shirt and his canvas Cargo pants, a dull orange had crossed the sky as started stretching some as he came up to the edge of an incline that overlooked the town of Greensburrow. "Well... gotta go down to town to go get some coffee..." he says after stretching he head back into the bunker, he walked down the Ramp to an open area acting as sort of a hub/Garage that had scattered hunks of scrap and different tables holding different projects and multiple toolboxes, in the back of the room there are 3 halls one going to the kitchen/dining area, one leading to the Barracks and rec room, and one leading to Cargo/Armory hold. Quindaro heads down the left hall after unlocking the Stainless steel gate that blocked the hall from anybody who attempted to try and break in and goes to the "Closet". This was a caged off area that was only an armory at one point, but now is Quin's Closet/Armory. He grabbed his shoulder holster that holding one of his sidearms before grabbing a light brown canvas jacket, that he'd got from one of the townsfolk a couple of years ago, finally grabbing his gloves and a couple of mags he left. Once he was outside he slid the doors closed to the bunker ramp putting the Massive Padlock on it, "Alrighty.... Coffee time..." he says setting off down the dirt road to town.
Back to top Go down
Waff

Waff

PostSubject: Re: A Day in Town (open)   A Day in Town (open) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 10:46 pm

In his poor excuse of a traveling vehicle, Spencer slams right into the already-careening stop sign. He'd been traveling for a few days, and was finally able to find somewhere that contained new resources that could be of great use to him.

What looked like an old vehicle with mismatched parts and pieces practically climbed the pole and slanted off to one side; almost falling on its side on the ground. A now-burning machine on top of the vehicle popped and exploded creating an echoing boom. "Shit. There goes the third pump." Grunting to himself, he slams himself into the door to try and open it; but watches it tumble to the ground as he tries. Giving up, he throws his hands up and jumps out the side of the vehicle landing in the middle of an intersection. "This place looks like a tornado hit it....." He already knew what happened, but found it appropriate for the way it really looked. It really did look like a twister plowed through it.

He already began rummaging through any pile of rubble he could find in attempt to find tools to fix the pump on his only source of travel. Of course, he left his tools back in Detroit. Just like he always did. "Being a town this broad, there has to be something here." His mumbling turned into ranting and shouting at things that weren't there. Yet, his voice was muffled through the gas mask he was wearing.
Back to top Go down
Beetle

PostSubject: Re: A Day in Town (open)   A Day in Town (open) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 10:58 pm

Ignatius, High Machine Lord of the Dark Inquisition, squinted into the distance. What WAS that noise? Zoom. With that mental command, his artificial optics zoomed in on the source of the noise. Huh. Guy was explodifying things. How fun. "Welp. Hopefully he knows his way around this place. Need to find that lab..." He muttered. His current location was on the roof of a three story building. He had came to this forsaken town to check out the rumors of a secret lab being located nearby. Of course, with him were a few Low Inquisators, all inside the building, setting up a base of operation, barricading things, setting up communications equipment so as to maintain communication with the Red Byrd, and so forth.

Of course, he COULD be a bandit....

Eh, not like he had a choice. Besides which, the Dark Inquisitors with him could easily make mincemeat out of any petty raiders. Reaching to the intable next to him, he grabbed a small, gun shaped device, and shot it into the air, a bright light rising into the air. A flare.

The bait had been set. Now to see if the fishes that took the hook were allies, or enemies.
Back to top Go down
Quindaro

Quindaro

PostSubject: Re: A Day in Town (open)   A Day in Town (open) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 11:18 pm

Quindaro had spent a few hours in town checking up on his regular routes seeing if they needed anything tweaked or fixed before grabbing some coffee from the canteen near the center of town.

While sitting on a bench outside of the canteen he heard an explosion of great magnitude. "What the...?" he said getting up and looking out to the south of the town to see a small plume about 5-7 miles out.

Heading down to the town square where several people had gathered Quindaro picked a few "We're going to go investigate that Explosion...." he said running up the hill to the bunker to get the buggy. After about 5 mins Quindaro grabs his other .45 his goggles and a mask putting them on before hopping in the buggy and heading out up the ramp, just as he emerged out of the bunker a bright red signal flare went flying. "That was much farther out than where the explosion was..." he said driving down the hill and picking up his guys before speeding out of town to check on the Explosion first.
Back to top Go down
Waff

Waff

PostSubject: Re: A Day in Town (open)   A Day in Town (open) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 11:26 pm

Spencer jerked his head around to find where the pop of a gun went off. And because the gas mask's lenses were filthy, he ended up taking it off for a moment to check the cleanliness of the air and whether it was really breathable or not. "Somebody needs to seriously calm themselves. They hear an explosion and automatically go for the flare gun. It's as if they've never heard one before." Mumbling to himself some more, he heaves the things he had picked up over to the tipping vehicle and turned back around to the flare that was still falling from the sky.

Taking another deep breath, he savors the scent and feeling of breathing the slightly fresher air and starts towards the location of the flare's owner. Because where there were people, there were supplies. And where there was supplies, there was now-that-I-found-your-stash-I-get-all-of-it.
Back to top Go down
Beetle

PostSubject: Re: A Day in Town (open)   A Day in Town (open) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 11:35 pm

Ignatius noticed a fellow coming from the direction of the explosion. Good. Someone had taken the metaphorical bait. Snapping his fingers, he heard trudging from behind him as a Low Inquisitor brought him his favorite rifle. Which he named Daisy. What? Daisy was a nice name!

Checking to see if it was loaded, he flicked the laser scope on. Okay, now to see how things went. Taking aim, the little red light dancing over Spencers chest, he spoke, his words a shout so as to carry to the ears of the man approaching them. "You might want to slow yourself down, sir, before you end up with a hole in your heart." He yelled. "And for ease of understanding, that means freeze. Before you ask, this is just a matter of safety, don't want some hooligan bandit or heretic entering my organizations base of operations, after all. Far too much trouble to be gained that way, wouldn't you agree?"
Back to top Go down
Quindaro

Quindaro

PostSubject: Re: A Day in Town (open)   A Day in Town (open) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 11:44 pm

It had taken Quindaro a couple of minutes to get to the wreck only to find a pile of burning scrap as he slowed to a halt, "-sigh- Nothing much out here... just a heap of ignited scrap from some fool who crashed it into a stop sign..." he says wondering where the driver could be. Quindaro starts heading in the vague direction of where the signal flare was. "Today's going to be quite eventful... eh Micheal?" he says smiling and elbowing the man in the passenger seat. as they closed in on the approximate location of the flare.
Back to top Go down
Waff

Waff

PostSubject: Re: A Day in Town (open)   A Day in Town (open) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 11:53 pm

Spencer came to a slow stop and stood staring up at any open windows to find the source of the voice. There wasn't any source of fear or dread laced in his voice. He seemed cool and calm just as he was three seconds ago. "Calm down. I don't want to take your precious jewels. I just need a toolbox....or anything better?" Of course, that wasn't the only thing he wanted. He was going to get his hands on whatever he could once they let him inside.

As he finished speaking, he couldn't help but notice the rather obnoxious buzzing noise of a motor in a small vehicle approaching him from behind. Turning his head slightly, he peers behind himself and then back around at wherever the source of the voice was at. "Whaaaaaat? You see a strange looking man climb out of a hunk of junk and automatically assume he's brought an army? Like I said. I'm not here for your prized pumpkin. Just give me what it is I want and I'll leave you alone."
Back to top Go down
Beetle

PostSubject: Re: A Day in Town (open)   A Day in Town (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 12:03 am

"Toolbox?" Ignatius chuckled in amusement. "Jewels have no value to my group. Tools, however, DO. But tell you what, I may be able to make a deal."  He then saw the humvee. "Ah, guests! Eh hem, hold on, good sir, I have to inform them to keep a safe distance until we have vetted them. EH HEM, TO THE GENTLEMEN IN THE VEHICLE, PLEASE STOP BEFORE I AM FORCED TO SHOOT OUT YOUR WHEELS!" He shouted.
Back to top Go down
Quindaro

Quindaro

PostSubject: Re: A Day in Town (open)   A Day in Town (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 12:18 am

Quindaro hears the yell of a man from a distance threatening to shoot out his tires, he comes to a sliding stop, seeing a man that he presumed that had crashed the pile of scrap a couple of miles back. Quindaro told his men to stay in the vehicle as he lifted himself out walking forward a bit, his mask and goggles still on obscuring his face from the man in front and the man who yelled from the building.
Back to top Go down
Waff

Waff

PostSubject: Re: A Day in Town (open)   A Day in Town (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 12:25 am

"A deal, eh?" Hesitating, Spencer tapped a skinny, metal finger against his chin and pondered on it for a moment. He didn't even have to turn around to know that the people in the annoying vehicle behind him stopped. The tires squealed a few feet automatically giving away their stationary position. "What do you have in mind?" A grin crossed his face and he clenched both hands together trying to look as formal and serious as he could--clearly failing miserably. It wasn't his type to act serious. Half the time he was cracking cheesy jokes or throwing trash at what was left of the rats and roaches.
Back to top Go down
Beetle

PostSubject: Re: A Day in Town (open)   A Day in Town (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 3:07 pm

"Eh hem, me and my compatriots require the verification of a laboratory rumored to exist in this fetit burg." Ignatius said, chuckling. "Should you verify the existence of this center of scientific inquiry and its equipment, I will gladly pay you in.... Hm....Toolbox and a small amount of semiprecious gemstone. Plus a boon from my organization, to be called upon at your own convenience. For reference, that means a favor."

He glanced at the approaching fellow, from the jeep. "Ah, greetings. Sorry about threatening to blow up your vehicles tires. Bit wary of those things getting close to my current area of operation. Car bombs, you know. Anyways, the same offer I gave to that fellow extends to you."
Back to top Go down
Quindaro

Quindaro

PostSubject: Re: A Day in Town (open)   A Day in Town (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 3:20 pm

"Car Bombs?" Quindaro thought to himself, "I wonder what these guys are holed up in a building like that for...?" Quindaro looked over at the fellow in front of him, "Are you the one who crashed that pile of junk back a couple of miles?" he said quiet enough so the men in the building couldn't hear him, "...If so I have a shop where I can get it working for a small fee..." he said his face still hidden by his mask and goggles.
Back to top Go down
Waff

Waff

PostSubject: Re: A Day in Town (open)   A Day in Town (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 5:42 pm

Spencer pondered on the likelihood of there actually being a lab of some sort where the man said it was. Perfect. It'd give him time to show them he's on their side. But, he really wasn't. And with him being a strangely smooth liar, he could push as far as his legs could get him without being caught. Then again, one slip-up would give him away. "Alright....Deal." He hadn't even noticed the man speaking to him off to the side. His mind was elsewhere; too focused on what he was going to do the second he got in there and the second he got out.
Back to top Go down
Waff

Waff

PostSubject: Re: A Day in Town (open)   A Day in Town (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 5:54 pm

((I'm gonna go ahead and back out. :T I'm going to join a different thread. This one's moving really slow.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Day in Town (open)   A Day in Town (open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Day in Town (open)
Page 1 of 1