Dead to Rights
Would you like to login?
Dead to Rights
Would you like to login?
Dead to Rights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dead to Rights

The world is gone. It took 4 1/2 years to be able to surface again; it's been nearly ten years since then. The Earth is still here... but it's not the same.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  2 Hands  

Pyro

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Spyder

Spyder

Pyro Empty
PostSubject: Pyro   Pyro I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 5:52 am

Tobias Gammon

Codename: Pyro

"Clothes are rags, and I will ignite them. Men are meat, and I will cook them. This building is a tinderbox, and I will burn it to the ground."

Pyro 139435

Ethnicity/Race & Species: Mutant, Caucasian

Occupation(s)
-Past: None
-Present: Hitman

Class(es): Scavenger, Waste Walker

Allegiance: The Scarlet Pact

Language(s) Basic Resistance, English

Residence(s)
-Past: A small house in the suburbs of Detroit.
-Present: A small shack on the edge of the North American desert, near the grasslands.

Appearance: Pyro often goes shirtless, with faded grey fire-resistant cargo pants and dark leather boots (also fire resistant). He used to have neat, brown hair, but his repeated exposure to flames have turned it into an ash black. Pyros royal blue eyes are nearly always covered by a gas mask made from crude metals, dark leather and gears. The mask shields his eyes and mouth from the smoke and heat of the many fires he causes. He is lightly tanned due to his exposure to the desert sun, his mutation allowing no more than that. If Pyro is feeling like he wants to freak some people out, he will dress in a grey t-shirt, a faded brown button-up shirt and a black hooded trench coat. Then proceed to light himself in fire. How he gets exactly the same shirts/coat every time, is a mystery. His slight mutation has caused him to have unnaturally long arms and partly slitted eyes, and one less rib on each side.

Personality: Tobias is obviously a pyromaniac, judging by his code name, preferred weapons and even his mutation. He immediately hates everyone he encounters unless they do something nice for him. I.e, buy him spare parts for his flamethrower. Even if you manage to get him to trust you, he will still most likely light you on fire, since "you can't trust anyone, mate." As his dad was always loyal to the Resurgance, he's always been rejected in the small amount of society he was exposed to, and thus refuses to join one of the big three factions. His parents were also PAPs (Post Apocalyptic Puritans) and absolutely despised non-humans, such as cyborgs and mutants, so he's always been disappointed with himself for being one. The word "punish" is basically a trigger word for Tobias' pyromaniac side to kick in, since his dad always said they would punish him if he put even a toe out of place, since he contradicted their beliefs with his very existence. The punishment meant he was locked in a chest for an indefinite amount of time, also giving him acute claustrophobia. He makes use of his enemies assuming he's harmless because of his age, which they always end up regretting when he smashes a Molotov cocktail over their head.

Mutation: His ability is passive, his skin and flesh having permanently changed their molecular structure, making it impossible to burn, corrode, or any other effect of the sorts. However, this new structure means that in large bodies of water, he is much heavier and sinks much faster. While his outsides mutated, his insides remained the same, making him wear a gas mask for the fire.

Weapons: The main weapon of Pyro is a custom made flamethrower strapped to his right arm, leaving the left for Molotov Cocktails. The flamethrower is made to be used with only one arm, which makes it very easy for Tobias because of his elongated arms. It works by Tobias partially filling the tank with compost or manure, and uses the noxious has from them to create the flamethrower. The flame on the end is a simple wick he lights with a lighter, but the wick is enough to be combined with the flammable gasses so he can launch the pillar of flames. Pyro is not quite happy with this design and will use petroleum or diesel if he can get his hands on it. Not only does the weapon set things alight, but it also makes them smell horrible. Luckily for Tobias, the tank contains all the smell for him.

Biography: He was born three years before the apocalypse, but if course he was one year old, so he wouldn't remember it. Like everyone else, four and a half years of his life were spent underground, hiding out until the surface became safe. During that time, his parents reinforced the single idea of PAPs: if you're not human, you're an abomination. This went for cyborgs and mutants; apparently, they didn't even classify as alive to his family. Of course, the rain of meteors finally ceased and Tobias was able to return to the surface. His parents dragged him off to a remote area on the border of the grasslands and temperate forests, where he would be homeschooled and kept away from everyone that had different opinions than them. The punishments weren't too harsh back then, only a slap up the side of the head if he slipped up. But there was one important rule in the house he was never allowed to break; never go into the forest. Tobias found it easy to obey this rule at first, but after a few years, curiosity got the better of him and he ventured inside. A little ways inside the forest, Tobias heard strange noises of hooting and screeching, which was terrifying to a boy who had never even seen a dog before. He stumbled away from the noise and tried to run back towards his home, but he tripped on a root, injured his knee and fell unconscious on the forest floor, leaving the wound to the many bacteria and strange substances of the forest. He had awoke around four hours later and looked at his knee; it had been infected with many mysterious bacteria and the sorts. You can have a wild guess how he turned into a part mutant now, can you? He saw his mother in the distance, collecting edible herbs and leaves for supper, and staggered towards her with blood dripping down his leg, along with other substances of the forest. Of course, she scolded him for a few minutes until a loud roaring sound was heard. His mother told him to run back to the house, but he was already gone, leaving her there to meet her fate by the creature. The body was never found. Once Tobias got home, his father slapped him with his belt and, for the first time, locked him inside the chest. He was let out an hour later, tears streaming die his cheeks and his father still red in the face. Once the father found out that his beloved wife was gone, he locked the boy in the chest until the following morning. This is when he began to develop claustrophobia. Over the next few days, Tobias began to notice changes to his body. And not pubescent changes, but abnormal changes, such as his arms elongating and his chest becoming smaller somehow. His father realised this instantly, and knew what the infection had caused in his blood. The punishments were harsher, locking him in there for nearly days at a time, with Tobias constantly screaming and smashing the inside of the chest, until he finally had enough. While the old man was sleeping , he crept into his room and lifted him with his abnormal arms and dumped him in the chest, chaining it closed. He had laughed insanely that day, and then he shouted right outside the chest; "Time for your punishment!!" He then created a Molotov cocktail and threw it down in the chest, engulfing it and the house in flames. This was when Tobias finally discovered the wonders of the inferno.

What year, on site, did the world end?
June 8th, 2014

Last edited by Spyder on Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:03 am; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistress Lani
Admin
Mistress Lani

Pyro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyro   Pyro I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 12:49 pm

Spyder, I flat-out love you. Just bare in mind that everything on-site is steampunk or another version of cyberpunk (pity the fool that runs Dieselpunk and encounters Pyro). Check this ( https://deadtorights.rpg-board.net/t27-cyberpunk-contstructs-etc ) for specifics.
Back to top Go down
https://deadtorights.rpg-board.net
Spyder

Spyder

Pyro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyro   Pyro I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 7:33 pm

Thanks for the tip, Lani. I have added a weapons section to explain the flamethrower and changed several factors. Anything else you want me to edit?
Back to top Go down
Mistress Lani
Admin
Mistress Lani

Pyro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyro   Pyro I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 11:01 pm

Nope. You're bloody brilliant; I love this so much. Can't wait to see him in action Smile moving to accepted
Back to top Go down
https://deadtorights.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

Pyro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyro   Pyro I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pyro
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dead to Rights :: Creation :: Character Creation :: Accepted Characters-
Jump to: